This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 15.03.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Port Elizabeth MPT
Position Title : Port Worker
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Port Elizabeth
Reporting To : Chief Operations Manager
Grade Level : HRLYL1
Reference Number : 202541
The provision of labour as directed by Supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation.
1. Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes windows, cranes’ cabins etc. )
2. Inspection of container condition
3. Reefer monitoring operation
4. Opening and Closing of rail wagons twist locks
5. Loading, off loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures
6. Hooking / unhooking
7. Tarping / untarping where applicable
8. Place / remove dunnage
9. Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshops, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed
10. Complete applicable documentation such as accident reports
11. Identification of correct cargo handling equipment / gear
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric / NQF Level 4 with a minimum of 2 years working experience as Port Worker or General Worker
- Stack Positions
- Attention to detail
- Adhering to instructions