The Gauteng Department of Health invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Security Guard Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 11th November 2022
SECURITY GUARD REF NO: CHBAH 590 (X5 POSTS)
SALARY: R124 434 per annum (Level 03), plus benefits
CENTRE: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Grade 10 or equivalent with 0-2 years’ experience or Grade 12 or equivalent with no experience in a security environment.
- A PSIRA Grade C registration certificate.
- Must be PSIRA registered.
- Protect state property, employees, visitors, and patients in the hospital for 24 hours.
- Responsible for access control and searching of both vehicles and pedestrians.
- Conduct hourly patrols and reporting security breaches and defects.
- Operate and maintain security equipment.
- Write statements and testify in court.
- Escort patients, assets, and personnel within and outside the hospital premises.
- Switch taps and lights on and off in your area of responsibility.
- Write and submit reports to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Management of queues.
- Assist with the restraining of patients.
- Responsible for access control, searching of vehicles and persons.
- Control of traffic on premises.
- Clamping of incorrectly parked vehicles, provide directions to patients and visitors.
- Always comply with security dress code.
- Adhere to all security policies and procedures.
- Adhere to timelines.
- Perform other duties as allocated by the supervisor.
- Comply with the rotation roster.
- Be willing to undergo continuous training and development programs.
- Attend meetings and training as approved by supervisor.
- Knowledge of the Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act, PSIRA Act, Criminal Procedure Act, Fire-arms Control Act, Trespass Act Minimum Information Security Standard (MISS), Minimum Physical Security Standard (MPSS), National Core Standard (NCS).
- Report writing. Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal or manage security related emergencies.
- Managerial skills to deal or manage patients, the public and to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds.
- High level of reliability. Ability to handle confidential information, to act with tact and discretion.
- Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure, take initiative, work independently and with deferent teams in the unit.
- Ability to organize, lead and plan.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be prepared to rotate and work shifts which includes, weekends and public holidays and be able to attend to security emergencies.
Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 application form obtainable here
Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808
Mr L.J. Mnisi Tel No: (011) 933-9549
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022
Security Guard Vacancies