SANParks Security Guards x7 for Kruger National Park
SANParks is inviting suitably qualified persons to apply to fill in the vacant posts of Security Guards at Kruger National Park.
SANParks is a public entity under the jurisdiction of the Department of Environmental Affairs, where inclusive conservation as opposed to previous policies of exclusion, is central.
It manages a system of 19 functional national parks in seven of the nine provinces of South Africa with a total area of just over 4 million hectares comprising 67% of the protected areas under state management.
The SANParks of today is recognised as a world leader in conservation and protected area management.
There is an available vacancy for seven security guards in the Protection Services unit in the Kruger National Park.
- Grade 12 Matric plus minimum Grade C, D and E-Security Certificate with PSIRA.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Guard.
- Knowledge in using security equipment.
- Must have an understanding of wildlife crime.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and ability in securing a building or a place.
- It can easily detect suspicious things or actions.Must have a vast knowledge of first aid.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must have the ability to protect and serve.
- Knowledge of using firearms and firearm Competency will be an added advantage.
- Secure the park and its infrastructure from any act of emergency or violence and report any act of suspicious observations.
- Monitor the place, and check unnecessary actions.
- Record the names of persons who enter the KNP’s premises in the register.
- Guarding the area assigned to detect evidence of illegal entry and make sure material in the area has not been tampered with.
Also View: APPRENTICESHIPS
JOBS FOR ALL
How to Apply
Individuals who meet the above requirements and are interested in the position should forward their application with a cover letter and detailed CV to the below postal address:
Human Capital Management
Att: Dudu Mkansi
Private Bag X402
Tel: (013) 735 4128
Email: [email protected]
Or hand-deliver to Kruger National Park at Skukuza Rest Camp (Human Capital Management Building).
SANParks is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 8 February 2023
You can also desire to view our different graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are presently open for applications.