Full Job Description
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely and effectively operate the furnace and its auxiliary equipment in accordance with the relevant Standards and Procedures.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, RISK, QUALITY AND COMMUNITY:
- Comply with SHEQ Ensure requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
- Manage and ensure that health and safety standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Load/rabble/stoke the furnace to obtain the desired operating conditions.
- Load electrode paste in order to form the Soderberg electrodes.
- Monitor and control the proportions of raw materials required for the smelting process.
- Monitor and control the paste level to compensate for electrode consumption.
- Monitor and control the slipping of electrodes to maintain electrode lengths and to effect proper baking.
- Prepare the furnace for maintenance.
- Inspect the furnace and auxiliary systems and action non-conformances.
- Monitor and control the gas cleaning system to minimise pollution.
- Monitor and control electrical operation of the furnace to smelt the burden efficiently.
- Monitor and control the furnace cooling system.
- Monitor and control the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP)
- Operate the preheating kiln.
- Remove air-borne dust by means of a bag filter.
- Monitor and control the operation in terms of:o Electrode managemento Metallurgical control
o Taphole and Post-taphole management
o Lining Management
o Raw materials management
- Monitor and control all additional auxiliary processes i.e., Gas plant operations, Preheating operations & cooling systems.
- Create notifications for maintenance work.
- Planned shutdown execution.
Feedback & Reporting:
- Report equipment defects/deviations
- Production management system updates
- Shift inspections and -feedback
- Shift handover process
- Update the Furnace log sheets and the MES system.
- Sample Raw Materials and analyse moisture content
- Safety awareness
- Managing work
- Results orientation
- Customer Focus
- Operational Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Work standards
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Contributing to team success
- Business Understanding
- Adhering to Values
- Interpretation of data and trends
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Paying attention to details
- Furnace operation
- Basic metallurgical knowledge
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12/N3 with Maths and Science
- 3 years’ experience in the Ferroalloy production environment
- Computer literate
CLOSING DATE: 17 March 2023