- 29/04/2022Contract Type
- Market RelatedLocation
- Sandton, Gauteng, South AfricaIntroduction
- Core purpose of the role
- The purpose of the role is to effectively manage transport planning activities, client and suppliers to ensure high service levels, cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Therefore, ensuring that the KPI targets are met, corporate governance and statutory compliance standards are adhered to.Job Functions
- Logistics,Supply ChainSpecification
- 1.Daily Planning
- Planning – Ensure that all Carriers appointed to perform the transportation activities meet the predetermined SLA.
- Plan according to capacity or amend plans, where necessary, in consultation with Customer Service Reps and ensure that Plans are achievable.
- Reconcile Plans to Actual to ensure Planning Accuracy.
- Review daily the previous day’s performance – execution against plan and fix any deviation.
- Ensure that planning process steps are followed
- Plan according to the selection matrix
- Ensure that On Time delivery is achievable. Evaluate results and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Achieve all contractual KPI targets.
- Conduct an audit on identified queries to ensure that all are resolved timeously.
- Ensure Effective Carrier Management Process.
- Ensure that problem orders are cleaned and ready for planning
- Ensure that transporters accept deliveries timeously
- Ensure that transporters complete feedback and upload POD and invoice documents timeously
- Achieve the best service levels possible.
- Ensure constant communication to the client on every load. This is more critical on emergency loads.
- Ensure adherence to planning procedures all the time.
- Foster good relations with customers by being proactive and providing regular and accurate feedback.
- Attend to Customer queries timeously.
- Attend customer visual meetings daily
- Submit all Management reports timeously.
- Report and analyse transport activities.
- Manage and develop performance and talent of the team in line with company’s Integrated Employee Value philosophy.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation through developing a hands-on understanding of Business Unit and Functional Department needs and requirements.
- Managers, Snr Planners, Business analyst
- External stakeholders
- Customers, transporters
- Academic qualifications
- BCOM or Diploma in Logistics, Transport or Supply Chain Management
- Driver’s License
- Ability to work overtime as and when required to.Work experience
- 1-3 Years in planning
- Proven track record of working with customers in Supply Chain and Logistics/Transport Operations
- Specialist knowledge of planning and our systems
- Oracle and MMS Systems Knowledge-Well-developed communication skills to persuade and influence and interact with customer
- Well-developed listening skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to provide customer service excellence and resolve conflict
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Strong ability to interpret numerical information
- Critical thinking skills to analyses and diagnose requirements and solve problems
- Memorization and recollection of information
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer, technology and systems
- Preference for planning and organizing
- Readiness to make and own decisions
- Customer centricity and focus
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Concern for working within parameters
- Focus on getting things done
- Commitment to behaving correctly and ethically
- Concern for communicating clearlyAdvantageous:
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Preference for team working
- Focus on initiating action
- Focus on growing and nurturing relationships
- Focus on convincing and persuading
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Appreciation for challenging others with respect
- Openness to accepting feedback
Job Closing Date