Facility Life Bay View Private Hospital
Position Admission Clerk – Reception
A vacancy exists for an Admission Clerk in Reception based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Angelique Auret, Reception SupervisorCritical Outputs
- Responsible for accurately recording all admissions of patients to the hospital
- Carrying out varied receptionist duties for the hospital.
- Performing general administration duties involved in the admission of patients, including scanning, filing and assistance with billing of accounts, assisting with obtaining authorizations.
- Admitting patients onto Impilo – accurate capturing and attention to detail.
- Understanding of funder industry and risks
- Credit control skills and handling of money.
- Close liaison with the Doctors, wards and services.
- High standard of completion of documentation and the accurate capturing
- Working knowledge and adherence of all Life Healthcare Protocols.
- Minimum qualification of Grade 12.
- 1 – 2 Years’ previous administration experience.
- Previous hospital administration experience will be an advantage.
- Must have own transport.
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
- Computer literate with good typing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be professional and polite at all times
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Friday, November 4, 2022
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.